Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Clipboard Monitoring - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Clipboard Monitoring

2 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hi!

I'm new to The Word. I have only been using it for a couple of months and I love it. I have been with e-Sword for years, practically since it started. The Word seems to do everything e-Sword does but better (in the sense that it is oriented for deeper study than I feel comfortable with in e-Sword) Yet there is one area where e-Sword has got The Word beaten.

I have written a book on the life of Christ which I am in the process of revising. In the process, I make heavy use of e-Sword's Hot Key. I have tried The Word's Clipboard Monitoring but it comes in a poor second. Within certain limits Hot Key allows me to format the Bible verses that I insert into my book. I am using Libra Word from Libra Office for my word processor. Every time that I insert a verse from Clipboard Monitoring I have to take one or two minutes to reformat it. With Hot Key, All that I have to do is give it a swipe with the Format Paintbrush and everything is correct. Is there any way that we could get Clipboard Monitoring to work that easily?

Also, Hot Key lets me change Bible translations on the fly and change formatting on the fly without leaving my word processor. That would be handy also but not essential.

I am impressed that The Word has done so well in so many areas that a long-time e-Sword user like myself would even consider changing to it as a primary Bible study program but that is what is happening to me. Thanks much, all of you who have made this program possible.

#2 darrel_jw

theWord Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

You ought to post this over on theWord.nets forum. Darrel

#3 Marvin

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thank you. I will do just that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 74 user(s)