Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Post your module requests here - theWord Modules - Page 2

Post your module requests here

228 replies to this topic

#11 rrutko1024

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Has anyone started a module Commentary for Thomas Scott; before I was thinking about it

Edited by rrutko1024, 29 November 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#12 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postrrutko1024, on 29 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Has anyone started a module Commentary for Thomas Scott; before I was thinking about it

I don't think anyone has started it. Did you find a clean text source?

#13 rrutko1024

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

This is a little sample of thomas scott I am trying to put togetter of Psalms 1

PSALM 1.
V. 1- 3. This psalm is generally considered as a preface to the book, and supposed to have been prefixed to it by Ezra. (Notes, Ezra vii. 6 10. Neh. viii. 1, 2.) It establishes the important distinction between the righteous and the wicked; and assures us of the felicities of the former, and the misery of the latter. All men shun misery, and aim to be happy : but few understand that misery springs from sin, and that happiness can be enjoyed only in the favour of God. This the Scriptures declare ; and by this light the believer seeks and finds, what he
would otherwise seek in vain. In such portions of the word of God, we ought not to look for the way in which sinners are made righteous ; or for the origin of that difference which subsists among men, who are all of one nature : for they only inform us of the character of such as are accepted by God, and are in the way to heaven.
Notes, xv. 1. xxiv. 36. Rom. ii. 7 11. P. O. Ps. xv.)
The translation in our prayer-book renders this in the past tense ; and though the original might very well bear that meaning, yet the context and the whole tenour of Scripture shew, that this cannot be the exclusive sense ; for that would imply, that they alone are blessed, who never have walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the seat of the scornful : whereas penitent believers, whatever their previous character has been, are partakers of the blessings, which is evidenced by their subsequent conduct ; and none but they answer this description.
" The ungodly " are those, however moral or virtuous, who profanely despise spiritual blessings, and live without any due regard to God and religion, as all unconverted men do. " The counsel of the ungodly " signifies, the maxims and principles of worldly men, who form their plans and calculate advantages or disadvantages, according to their several pursuits, without bringing eternal things, and the favour or displeasure of God, into the account : and " walking in this counsel," signifies an habitual conduct formed on such principles, and regulated according to such rules. " Sinners," in this climax, seems to mean, those who add to their ungodliness gross immoralities, and such crimes as natural conscience and the opinion of the world protest against. (Notes, Luke vii. 37- 39. John ix. 24- 34. Rom. v. 6- 10.)
And to " stand in the way " of sinners," implies, the habit of vices gradually overcoming the sense of shame and remorse of conscience ; till a quiet, rarely interrupted by convictions, is super induced. Yet these occasional convictions are the source of uneasiness ; and this prepares the sinner for " sitting down " in the seat of the scornful." " The scornful " no doubt are those, who encourage themselves and each other in ungodliness and wickedness by infidel and atheistical tenets ; and who have recourse to corrupt principles, to bear them out in corrupt practices ; and so are given up to a blinded and deluded mind, as a punishment of their conduct in following the impulse of a wicked heart. And to " sit in the seat of the scornful," is to become teachers
and apostles of infidelity, and impiously to ridicule, with all the genius, wit, and sense, which they possess, the doctrines, precepts, and worshippers of God. (Notes, Prot). i. 21- 23. iii. 34. xiv. 6. 7*. xxviii. 14, 15. 2 Pet. iii. 1 4.)

Edited by rrutko1024, 30 November 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#14 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Dear brethren.
It may be interesting to have the book "Theology of the Old Testament" from Gustav F. Oehler, I have it in pdf format but I don´t have any OCR software and the file size it's quite impressive (552 Mb :( ).
If anyone is willing to take a look I can send the pdf.

Blessings,
Manuel.

#15 Andrew_Chapman

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOxford

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I would like to be able to search the LXX for the lemma of a NT word. I found a Sword module of Rahlf's LXX with Strong's and morphological tagging, and it works fine. The only way I have found so far (I have only been using either software for a couple of days so bear with me) with theword is to search for a Strong's number on the apostolic bible polyglot in English, and then switch to a Greek text. Was wondering if that Sword module can be transplanted to theword? (http://www.crosswire...jsp?modName=LXX). Or of course, if it can already be done on theword, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

#16 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Andrew, there's an ABP with interlinear info, so, when you search for a strong number the ABP also show the greek word.

Look at the image

Hope this helps,
Manuel.

Attached Files

Edited by mdiazu, 13 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#17 candicene3

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Dear Josh,

I would like to see an english transliteration of the greek LLX text - with strongs numbers. Also an LLX in the greek with strongs numbers visible beside each greek word and an english translation of the LLX with strongs numbers visible beside each word.

I have the first two ie the transliteration and the greek w strongs numbers for e sword but I cant find these for the word.

Right now I have 3 copies of the LLX for the word. I have the LLX - that one is written in the greek but when you hover the mouse over the greek word only some of the words show up with strongs citations, the LLXA doesnt exact same thing. It gets quite frustrating after a while. Then the last one I have is an english translation of the LLX w no strongs numbers. I like to have the number next to the word that way I can just click on it.

Opening both progams and going back and forth is a bit cumbersome.

If you know where I can find these please let me know - Thanks

Candice

#18 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi Candice.
The issue with the LXX is that the strong system was intended to index every hebrew word for the OT and every greek word for the NT, so, not all LXX greek words had equivalent in the NT, that's the reason why not all words have strong number, there's a Bible module called ABP for theword http://www.theword.n...ds/abp.ontx.exe, if you choose to see the strong number you'll notice some numbers like 1000.1 this is the solution the editor make for the non indexed greek words, but there's no dictionary for this.

Hope this clarifies.
Godbless,

Manuel.

#19 Jacob_apo

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Josh
if it is possible can u plz made a module in book form of this website?
http://www.biblestud...t/trinity1.html
http://www.biblestud...f-judaism1.html

this website has collecting highly valuable material from scholarly sources, i specially want the whole part of Trinity and Judaism; But it also contain load of material on comparative religions ; it will be great if u can copy and made a module for it in form of book. Plz reply!!

#20 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Jacob,

Here is there copyright policy, which indicates that they do not allow their material used for any type of distribution without specific permission.

Copyright © 2001 - 2007. All rights reserved. All material on Studying the Word of God Christian Bible Studies website is copyright protected. You may link to any article on this site, but may not copy any material to another site without written permission. Permission is granted for reproducing individual articles in printed form for Church or small Bible study use. Articles reproduced for this purpose MUST be complete, text unaltered, include the authors' names (Brian K. McPherson and Scott McPherson), and include the URL of this website. Copies may NOT be sold, or included in any product for sale without written permission. Graphics on this site are copyright protected and may NOT be copied or reproduced on other websites.

If you like their material, make your own personal module. It's pretty easy to do in TW. Go go "File / New User Module" and select "Generic Book". Give it an abbreviation ("BSN-Trinity" might be a good choice) and title ("Biblestudying.net - Articles on Trinity" might be a good choice) and then simply copy and paste the articles into TW's generic book structure. It will probably take you 5-10 minutes (+ whatever formatting time you need to make it look right).

If you really think it is worthwhile (and at first glance, it may be!), you could attempt to contact the authors and see if they would let you distribute their material here at WM. If they say "yes," I'll help you get started.
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 795 user(s)