Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Post your module requests here - theWord Modules - Page 3

Post your module requests here

228 replies to this topic

#21 Jacob_apo

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

thank you dear bro. God bless.

#22 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostDoctorDaveT, on 21 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

If you really think it is worthwhile (and at first glance, it may be!), you could attempt to contact the authors and see if they would let you distribute their material here at WM. If they say "yes," I'll help you get started.

Jacob, if you ask for permission to distribute, make sure you say that it will be distributed freely, without charge, and you will post their copyright and website information, both inside the module and in the file listing. Those two items address many issues likely to be raised.

#23 Jacob_apo

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I will create the relevant info by myself in a module nevermind. Can you please tell me about the possibility of making Targum and Talmud module?

#24 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I would LOVE to see Englishman's Greek concordance and Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee concordance. I mean REALLY! Darrel

#25 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postdarrel_jw, on 02 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I would LOVE to see Englishman's Greek concordance and Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee concordance. I mean REALLY! Darrel

I noticed a website has Englishman's Greek Concordance and Englishman's Hebrew Concordance. I can harvest that data. Would you like to make the module?

#26 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostJosh Bond, on 04 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I noticed a website has Englishman's Greek Concordance and Englishman's Hebrew Concordance. I can harvest that data. Would you like to make the module?
If this is the same website I've seen, the data is in a fairly complicated table format. It would be tedious making a module from that source. But maybe you've found another source?

Basil

#27 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I do not think my abilities are up to making a module from the pdfs I have downloaded. Basil, I agree they are complicated!

#28 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have a better source than the PDFs. It will still take some time to make the module, though.

I'm not sure I see a good reason to make the module, that's why I offered to let you do it. With Strong's Concordance, and the software's ability to search, I'm not sure I see the value of this resource. It seems to offer nothing more than what you get from Strong's Concordance and searching existing modules. The search functionality of Bible software has really diminished the need for concordances in general. Add to that how close Strong's Concordance is.

Maybe I'm missing something?

#29 Patchworkid

theWord Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

HI

the Youngs Concordance:
Attached File  Young's TwoFold Concordance.zip   3.2MB   49 downloads

This is for The Word.net to check out.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set
http://www.wordmodul...tudy-bible-set/

#30 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostPatchworkid, on 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

HI

the Youngs Concordance:
Attachment Young's TwoFold Concordance.zip

This is for The Word.net to check out.

thanks
Patchworkid

This is the raw OCR of a pdf. This could be pumped and dumped into a module, but it would be terrible. This text is not fit to be used. If someone had a lot of time on their hands, they should start the OCR process over in Abby Finereader to synchronize the OCR errors with the original PDF for corrections. But if you were going to do that, it would save hundreds hours to do a better scan of the original document at a higher resolution. It would be an unbelievably large project, although a great, high quality scan of the book would afford a much cleaner OCR process.

Raw OCR Dumped Text has no value said:

Th. 2. 9, 2 Th. 3. 8 ; 2 CO. 2. 5.
1806. izrz-1343dCs, [IT K. Hi • 272 Hi.], to cause to go up upon ; -efiffictogr Lu. 19. 35 ; -1341cicrarTes Ac. 23. 24 ; -,Loaf Lu. 10. 34.
1807. dirt-$Airce [ow • ep; Pi. • alit Hi. • nay Hi. • rnm Ili. • rpm Hi. • no Hi. • rip0 Ni. Hi. • um • rUx-712b: • nay '17N • 13t4 `rjj NO am K. Pi. • azus • app • npy • nomy • an • inv Pi], to look upon ;
-43Ae4,er Lu. I. 48 ; -$AiginTY Ja. 2. 3 ; -4'ov Lu. 9. 38.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 795 user(s)