Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Greek word search help - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Greek word search help

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chet

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hello everyone,

I have several Greek modules, like the TR, TRi, TRa, WHNU, Greek (Public Domain Greek New Testament), ABP.

My question is why on some of these modules if you click on a Greek word it looks it up in the BDAG or other Greek dictionary, while others don't.
Are they imbedded with some code or something?
it all seems to be random, some modules almost al the words work, while others only a few words work with the dictionary.

Thanks,
Chet

#2 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

You are on the right track.

The manual will give a little more insight.
http://www.theword.n...exts_popups.htm

Jon

#3 Chet

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

ok if I get the paid module like the (Greek Bible text of the Novum Testamentum Graece, 27th edition (Nestle Aland))
will that work better as far as looking up Greek words?

#4 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

The free Bible modules from theWord site that have the embedded lemma information are the TR, TRa, GRV, and from this site the TRi. Also paid module from theWord site NA27 and UBS4.
You can easily check if the module has embedded lemma info, by right clicking on a word and it should be in the menu as a search and as a word lookup.
As you probably read in the manual, you need to set the order for how the "word click" works from the Bible view options dialog.

Jon

#5 Chet

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

ok I understand.
I did buy the (NA27) last night, and it does work with every word. so I guessing the free modules are not complete, in that not every word is imbedded. Pease correct me if I'm wrong.

Also if you have "perform lookup on all checked items (don't stop at the first)" then it shouldn't matter in what order they are right?

#6 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

The three free modules I mentioned should work correctly if they are the ones from our official theWord site.

The idea for the "perform lookup on all checked items" was so that you could have different resources in each bookview window. You could have a Strong's dictionary selected in one view and RMAC selectrd in another and they would both sync when clicking on a word, however depending on the order you have set in the word click dialog only the last one will sync other modules in the bookview. You would see the difference if you switch to having Morphology last as opposed to Strong's last. When Strong's is last you will see that the red sync indicator will show for any other Strong's dictionary that has a match in that view.
This is covered really in here http://www.theword.n...exts_popups.htm

Jon
p.s for questions like this it is better to ask at theWord forum, so that Costas can comment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 25 user(s)