Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Copy and Paste Problem - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Copy and Paste Problem

9 replies to this topic

#1 Richard J. Ward

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

I have theWord installed on my Mac. It works excellent, but it doesn't feel "at home," as it did on my PC. Anyways, I have a problem copying from a book and pasting it into Microsoft Word and Pages. Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you,

Richard J. Ward

#2 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hello,

What is the problem?

#3 Richard J. Ward

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hello,

When I (try to) copy a passage from the Bible or from a book (using command + c), it doesn't paste into my word processor. It seems that when I try to copy something, it doesn't copy it. I use a Mac.

#4 ZhaGe

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hi Richard,
I am using TheWORD© on a Mac too. (There are several methods of running this program on a Mac, so there may be some differences; depending on whether you do Costas' Mac package, or Crossover, or VMWare Fusion or Parallells or WinOnX).

I discovered the same problem when I first used it, but this is what worked for me:
On the Mac you use the Command (CMD) key for most everything, although you do have a special Control (CTRL) key as well.
In a Windows environment, even when you use a Mac, the CTRL key is used for most common commands.

Therefore, if you want to copy something from TheWORD© you use CTRL-C, then you go to PAGES, or Word for Mac and use CMD-V to paste the content of the clipboard in your (native Mac software) document.
The other way around works too: In making modules from something you have in PAGES or from a PDF in Preview, you copy by using CMD-C and once you are inside TheWORD© and inside the module you are making, you use CTRL-V to paste it there.

Hope that helps!

Edited by ZhaGe, 15 April 2014 - 11:38 PM.

ἐκεῖνον δεῖ αὐξάνειν, ἐμὲ δὲ ἐλαττοῦσθαι.

#5 Richard J. Ward

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

ZahGe,

Yeah, that works! Thanks!

#6 Warty

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTimaru, New Zealand

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi, I am having the same problem, but the above does not work for me.

I am using a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5 with Word for Mac 14.4.2 and running The Word ver 4.0.0.1342 under XQuartz. If I use the Control-C command in Word (or even the drop down box commands) and then go to MS Word and use the Command-V nothing happens. I also note that in MS Word the paste commands are greyed out, so obviously nothing has been added to the clip board.

Any other ideas, as it is a lot slower having to type references in full !!!

John

#7 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hi, John,
I have noticed a similar issue with Windows OS. It depends on the order I start the two programs.
Try closing both. Start theWord first and MS Word second.

Jon

#8 Warty

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately that doesn't work either.

John

#9 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

Is this of any help
http://forum.theword...?p=31386#p31386

Jon

#10 Warty

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hi Jon

Thanks for reply.

However, before I got the above reply I got it to work (using TheWord - Ctrl-C MS Word Cmd - V option AGAIN ). I do not know if this did it, or whether it was updating the XQuartz program to ver 2.7.6 (got a notification when reopening theWord).

I checked the link above and then checked the XQuartz Preferences and the settings that are suggested were set.

Hope this may help others.

Thanks again,

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 28 user(s)