Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 theWord Module Downloader -- End of this website? - theWord Modules - Page 2

Jump to content


- - - - -

theWord Module Downloader -- End of this website?


23 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

That feature is currently in beta. You can download a Beta copy of theWord here: http://forum.theword...wforum.php?f=30

#12 daveme7

    New to the website

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

So what happens if I actually figure out how to download it because I already have Word 4-downloaded the last two months or so. When I go to the URL and find the download area-am asked by Windows to search online for a program to install this or select one from a list of my own programs. So will I have two different versions of The Word? Usually Beta versions end up as an update or upgrade-would it not make sense that we should see it in a normal version of The software? Maybe not today or tomorrow but in the future?

#13 Jon

    theWord Addict

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

I suggest you wait for the official release. The beta is for testing prior to official release.

Jon

#14 ZhaGe

    Liking theWord

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hi,

Even the beta is not nearly working as it would be supposed to in the future.
There is an option to add 'Module repositories' and their URLs to the official TheWORD© website, but I think they need to be formatted in a certain way in order to appear just the same way the official website does. I have added them but they do not show anything. (see screenshot).
So far apart from the Add titles menu there is still the option to manually Install Modules under the file menu. As long as that will remain an option, there is nothing to fear as far as 'control or restrictions' are concerned.

Attached Files


ἐκεῖνον δεῖ αὐξάνειν, ἐμὲ δὲ ἐλαττοῦσθαι.

#15 darrel_jw

    Liking theWord

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

Hello ZhaGe.
I talked with Jon and Costas about this. The "plumbing" is there in the Downloader and the things that have to be done have been given to the other sites (like Josh'), and all that remains is foe third party sites to provide data in the correct format and it can then be added to the Downloader. So good things are happening and before long we shall have a Downloader that easily allows us to add material from those sites.

Darrel

#16 Josh Bond

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postdarrel_jw, on 02 December 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Hello ZhaGe.
I talked with Jon and Costas about this. The "plumbing" is there in the Downloader and the things that have to be done have been given to the other sites (like Josh'), and all that remains is foe third party sites to provide data in the correct format and it can then be added to the Downloader. So good things are happening and before long we shall have a Downloader that easily allows us to add material from those sites.

Darrel

There's been nothing published yet on putting content in the right format? Or did I miss it?

josh

#17 darrel_jw

    Liking theWord

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Jon said the info has been sent to various publishers. I assumed that meant you also Josh? Just as a side note Josh, I really appreciate what you do on this site. Aside from the official site it is my main "go to" web site!

Darrel

#18 Josh Bond

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

View Postdarrel_jw, on 14 December 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Jon said the info has been sent to various publishers. I assumed that meant you also Josh? Just as a side note Josh, I really appreciate what you do on this site. Aside from the official site it is my main "go to" web site!

Darrel

Thanks, Darrel, glad you like the site. No, I haven't heard anything about putting content in the repository. I checked with Dr. Dave to see if I'd missed something about this, and he's heard nothing either.

#19 darrel_jw

    Liking theWord

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

Josh, here is what Jon wrote, so apparently Costas has not sent it yet! "We don't have any other sites we can link to for the downloader to work at the moment.
Costas will be producing a technical document for others like Josh Bond, or David Cox, to be able to setup the needed data, if they choose to go that route."

#20 Josh Bond

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postdarrel_jw, on 17 December 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Josh, here is what Jon wrote, so apparently Costas has not sent it yet! "We don't have any other sites we can link to for the downloader to work at the moment.
Costas will be producing a technical document for others like Josh Bond, or David Cox, to be able to setup the needed data, if they choose to go that route."

"will be producing"...Got it! :)

I definitely plan on putting this website's content in the repository, depending on the complexity or work involved.

Josh





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


This topic has been visited by 186 user(s)