Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Guzik "new module" - File size? Is this the correct file? - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Guzik "new module" - File size? Is this the correct file?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Delain

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Why is the "New Module" of Guzik's commentary not reflect an expected file size to match the remarks in the description.
"the addition of thousands of pages content (now over 25 megabytes of text when uncompressed)"

Even in the sidebar, it only shows 7.04MB for the size.

The remarks state: "Every book of the Bible now has a comment."
When I download to test this, there are zero comments for Jeremiah, as an example.

theWord Modules.com sidebar shows: Last Updated: Mar 28 2012 03:52 PM
On the eSword site with a similar reference to an updated Guzik with the same remarks, it shows an update date of
Last Updated: Mar 19 2014 07:38 PM
File Size: 72.87MB

http://www.biblesupp...tantial-update/

What am I not understanding?
Surely this isn't the first time someone has asked about this . . . since Mar 2012?
This appears to be the only Guzik you have.

Thank you,
Delain

#2 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

TheWord supports module compression, where as e-Sword does not. This accounts for the file size difference.

The e-Sword version shows:

Added Psalm 24 (April 11, 2012)
Added Psalm 25-31, Psalm 53 (March 19, 2014)

Obviously, theWord's version does not yet include the March 2014 change to the Psalms.

But neither the e-Sword or theWord has Jeremiah's comments, so the description is wrong. But other than Psalms 25-31, and 53, no data from theWord's version is missing.

And yes, you are the first person to ask! :) I doubt anyone noticed the discrepancy between the description (all books of the Bible) and Jeremiah not being there.

It's probably time to revisit Guzik to see what else he has added to his commentary, update the e-Sword version, and then follow through with a theWord update.

#3 Delain

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for helping to clarify.
And as I understand, when updating to a newer module like this, I'll lose any user highlighting within the text of the modules.
There's just no good way of dealing with this, correct?

If the modules changes were declared somewhere (change log), then it might be possible to do my own cut 'n pasting of the new sections into my current guzik?

Thoughts on this?

Delain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 29 user(s)