Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 To Everyone Who Has Uploaded a Module: Your Help Is Needed! - theWord Modules - Page 2

- - - - -

To Everyone Who Has Uploaded a Module: Your Help Is Needed!

16 replies to this topic

#11 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostAlexmt, on 07 July 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Another idea but I dont know if it's possible? You know how you have categories like Commentaries, Books, Bibles, etc... Have a category called New theWord Modules just like on your front page. This keeps new modules from getting buried and makes it easy for people who only use the repository to see the new modules.

Just a note here. There is already the function to display titles by date, and not already installed, which comes to the same thing really.

Jon

#12 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Done, great idea!

View PostAlexmt, on 07 July 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Another idea but I dont know if it's possible? You know how you have categories like Commentaries, Books, Bibles, etc... Have a category called New theWord Modules just like on your front page. This keeps new modules from getting buried and makes it easy for people who only use the repository to see the new modules.

Good idea but I think Jon is right.

View PostJon, on 07 July 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostAlexmt, on 07 July 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Purely cosmetic suggestions for description inside theword...... Make image larger because a little hard to see. Put the name of the work at the top for reference. Maybe put a link to the original file page on this website in case people want to report a problem or review it or share it with someone in an email link?
Just a note here. There is already the function to display titles by date, and not already installed, which comes to the same thing really.

Jon

Agreed, that's a bit messy. Fixing it now.

View PostJon, on 07 July 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

Josh, the ICCNT appears to have multiple issues. In the Add Titles window, filter by 'icc' to see what I mean.

Jon

#13 Jon

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:50 AM

(GOGIC)
Gospel of God in Christ,
is already in the official theWord module repository.

German Elberfelder 1905
is already in the official theWord module repository, and is properly tagged.

King James Version+ Tense, Voice and Mood Bible and Dictionary
is copyright Larry Pierce.

Possibly there are many duplicates from the 'pump n dump' uploader (Savio) http://www.wordmodul...ser/4448-savio/

Jon

P.S Josh I like the links to the site you have for each resource in the Add Titles side window

Edited by Jon, 08 July 2016 - 02:46 AM.

#14 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

I think I've run into a problem in the new module downloader. I have the Expositor's Bible commentary installed (eb.cmt.twm) in "c:/Program Files (x86)/theWord/Books/Commentaries/eb.cmt.twm" When I fire up the module adder and select wordmodules.com, it does not see my installed eb.cmt and wants to install an updated copy in "c:/Program Files (x86)/theWord/".

So there appears to be a linkage (?) problem between the official repository and the other repositories. The official repository always checks my subfolders and only installs updates when they are new. The other repositories do not. I'vd posted this on the TW forum also.

Darrel

#15 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

It's because we haven't updated our module ID's in the module and on the website, which reflects in the repository.

#16 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

Josh, thanks for responding. I shall wait before doing more updates. :)

#17 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

A serious problem - I selected WordModules.com, then selected "Show titles for which a newer version exists, then selected Peter Pett - Commentary on the Bible and Library collection. It installed, I rebooted TW, brought up Download Books and Bibles, and it still shows that same module as not being updated. It is not just this module. I downloaded updates for 6 commentaries, 3 dictionaries, 11 books, 1 Bible and 1 devotional. None of them updated, all of them showed again and again needing to be updated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)