Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Recommended Bible Dictionary / Word study modules - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Recommended Bible Dictionary / Word study modules

2 replies to this topic

#1 AuraBlu

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Hey. I am looking for some recommendations for a good solid bible dictionary / word study module. I was using Vines OT/NT but I've read it's actually pretty outdated and been surpassed by modern releases. I just want your honest recommendations that are currently available or might be available Soon™.

Also here is a screenshot of my current setup, if there's anything I'm missing that you wholeheartedly suggest, let me know thanks.

Spoiler

I'm in-love with this software, it truly is something special :)

#2 Katoog

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:49 AM

STRONG BASED DICTIONARIES
Dodson is a simple Greek dictionary based on root word (no idioms).
Concordance to the Greek Scriptures(GRC) a Greek word list based on the Textus Receptus
Concordance to the Tanakh (HOTC) is a Hebrew word list based on the MT.
King James Concordance (KJC) is a word list based on the King James 1769 or later.
Niobi aka Patchworkid's Study Bible Dictionary (Teachings) NSBD(T) is a combination of dictionaries.

#3 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:45 AM

AuraBlu,

If you don't mind using premium modules, I've written a couple of reviews that you might find helpful.

First, TheWord offers the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (Abridged)" as a premium module for about $30. It is often abbreviated as TDNTa. While it "leans left," it is still a worthwhile tool for those who want more background information on the Greek New Testament words. My review can be found here.

Second, TheWord also offers the current version of "A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament..." often abbreviated as BDAG. It is not cheap; but it is the standard academic Greek Lexicon of the New Testament. My review of it is here.

If you can spare the $30, I would definitely pick up the TDNTa.
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 45 user(s)