Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 GNT texts without accemts are quite annoying! - theWord Modules

GNT texts without accemts are quite annoying!

2 replies to this topic

#1 gangs

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

While I can appreciat the reasons why there are so many unaccented Greek New Testament text versions without accents are out there, there are pretty useless for the serious scholar and Bible translalator. Commercial version all hve the accented text versions, and I think it's time to change that for good free Bible sotware like The Word.

Therefore I have '.rtf files avaivable for the following Greek New Testament text versions, all of them with accents:

1. Byzantine
2. SBL
3. Tischendorf
4. Tregelles
5. Westcott & Hort

I also have the Greek text of the Septuaginta in accented form available as an *.rtf document.

Anyone interested in these files? Drop me note, and I will provide a download link directly from my homepage.

Have a nice day!

Gangs

#2 Katoog

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

The Originals are without accent, ALL CAPS and without space between the words. Look to the Uncials.
I'm a translator and can read without accents, if you have trouble to look to the context then; there are strong numbers and morphological codes for a reason.
Accents are interpretations.

Edited by Katoog, 13 January 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#3 Katoog

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

The versions with accents are already by the Official downloads.
http://www.theword.n...title&l=english
Except Tregelles.

Edited by Katoog, 13 January 2017 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)