Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Books - Grace Baiting Twenty Ways Lordship Faith Advocates Mischaracterize Free Grace Theology - theWord Modules

Books - Grace Baiting Twenty Ways Lordship Faith Advocates Mischaracterize Free Grace Theology

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 John Buckle

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

File Name: Grace Baiting Twenty Ways Lordship Faith Advocates Mischaracterize Free Grace Theology
File Submitter: John Buckle
File Submitted: 21 Aug 2017
File Category: Books
Author: Bruce Bauer
theWord Version: 3.x - 4.x
Suggest New Tag:: "Lordship Salvation"

Recently, I was reintroduced to John MacArthur’s The Gospel According to
Jesus in its updated version released in 2008 by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.i Franklin Graham wrote the introductory tribute to the book and to its author. For years I have considered MacArthur to be the modern-day granddaddy of the Lordship Faith (a.k.a. Lordship Salvation) movement. I think that few would disagree that he is the most well-known spokesman and ardent advocate for Lordship Faith teaching on the evangelical scene today. As I read the introduction and the first few chapters of the book, I was reminded afresh of the way that Lordship Faith writers and bloggers frequently belittle and satirize all who refuse to hold to their stringent theological views. A waft of arrogance often accompanies their words. I have witnessed just a bit of such mean-spiritedness from the Free Grace camp, but it seems to come wholesale from the Lordship Faith side. Perhaps the movement takes its lead from MacArthur, who certainly shows no restraint in disparaging his opposition (more on this later).

Click here to download this file

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)