Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Books - The Toronto Phenomenon - theWord Modules

Books - The Toronto Phenomenon

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 John Buckle

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

File Name: The Toronto Phenomenon
File Submitter: John Buckle
File Submitted: 10 Sep 2017
File Category: Books
Author: Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Ph.D.
theWord Version: 3.x - 4.x
Suggest New Tag:: Toronto Phenomenon

Preface

This article is the first of a two-part series on the so-called Toronto Phenomenon. We offer this article because it is an excellent example of applying the “Sufficiency of Scripture”—a distinctive of CTS to a modern religious movement.

Introduction

I have been asked, both verbally in public as well as in many letters, if I believe that the Toronto Phenomenon is truly a work of God. Frankly, that so many believers even need to ask this question shows how far the evangelical world has moved from the Word of God. How easily this departure has led to being “tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.” It has been my observation that over the last 10-15 years, more and more believers are becoming biblically illiterate; such illiteracy leads to seeking new spiritual experiences, no matter where they may come from, and to a lack of knowledge of Scripture to evaluate these experiences biblically. The church has, indeed, entered a sad state and one author’s book, Christianity in Crisis, is very aptly named.

Click here to download this file

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)