Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 theWord.net main site - theWord Modules

- - - - -

theWord.net main site

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bama29

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Just wondering if anyone has noticed theWord's official site is not available. When you click on "Add Titles" in the program you get an error. When I tried to go to the main website the following message was at the top of the page "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 9/14/2017 and is pending renewal or deletion.".

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I am late to the party here discovering theWord, and love what has been done!

Update: This morning when attempting to go to theWord.net there is a Green screen with this message "The domain theword.net is no longer parked by GoDaddy.".

Edited by Bama29, 20 September 2017 - 08:24 AM.

#2 2cor517

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

I've been able to get on the site theword.net. No issues. However, this site has gone through changes. Was better when Josh Bond ran it. The books were from all denominational points of view(except recognized cults) . Now only Calvinistic, Baptist material are uploaded by Mr. Buckle who himself just recently (a few months ago) appeared on this site. doctordavet.com and douglashamp.com are 2 other good sites for downloadable material for theword program. Each has many references.

#3 Bama29

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Interesting, I am unable to browse to http://www.theword.net/ on any browser at all today. The previous two days it appeared the domain lease had expired and then a change to indicate that possibly the domain was starting to get repopulated. However today there is only a timeout with no DNS resolution at all.

Edit as soon as I posted this I checked and back to the green screen stating "The domain theword.net is no longer parked by GoDaddy". I think this means the process to repopulate the DNS address has begun. Not positive since I am no expert in this area.

2nd Edit: Also 2cor517, Thank you for the suggested sites to look for more downloadable material!

Edited by Bama29, 21 September 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#4 Bama29

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Looks like the problem has been fixed. :)

#5 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hey, 2Cor517,

1. Thanks for the shoutout to my website (DoctorDaveT.com). My modules are conservative, dispensational, and "old evangelical" (a doctrinal marker, not a time marker).
2. John Buckle is certainly not a Calvinist, nor a Baptist. He is a dispensationalist.
3. I find it a little confusing that you would approve my site and write disapprovingly of Buckle's materials. He is posting the type of materials that I have posted - dispensational, "old evangelical" & conservative. In fact, I have made & posted many modules from many of the very same authors he is posting here.
4. I've inferred from your post that you disapprove of new module makers. I, for one, am grateful for another module maker to increase the size of my research library. By the way - at one time, I was a new module maker, too.
5. The last time Josh Bond and I personally interacted was in August. At that time, he still ran this site. As far as I know, he still does (though I certainly could be wrong on that).
6. Finally, this site has always been a little less theologically diverse than the eSword biblesupport.com site. That was by design.

Note to John Buckle - keep up the good work. :-)
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

#6 2cor517

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

Not against Mr. Buckle. Just wondering why there has been an overwhelming flurry of up loads from him and none from anyone else. I have enjoyed reading works from various backgrounds and lately, not getting that. Works from one point of view only. I have in the past, and will continue in the future to recommend your site. I believe you do a great service to the body of Christ. I also tell people about Douglas Hamp's site. You two have many of the same works, but also differing ones. Your backgrounds and theologies are different as you know. Again, not against Mr. Buckle. He should keep up the good work. But is there a reason there are no other uploaders as there have been in these last years? Eg. The Pilgrim's Progress can be found here, on your site, Mr. Hamps, and Mr. Costas' main site. John Bunyan was not a dispensationalist, Baptist, nor a Pentecostal, yet his works appear on all these sites. As they should. They are timeless. I realize you all have lives and other responsibilities and it takes much care to make and post worthy modules. To close, I again want to thank you, Mr. Buckle, Josh Bond, and all those who have contributed in the past for the work you all do. I am with you in being grateful to new module makers. I wish there were more of them. There used to be.

#7 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

Why no more uploads? While I can't answer for all, I can answer for me. There are two main reasons. First - I've run out of resource material for modules I want. Second, my "status of life" has changed and I have little/no time to build modules. IF there were materials available to me that I wanted to create, I might could make one or two a month - but that would be it.

I believe the exact same two reasons are why Josh Bond has stopped building modules, but I ought not put words in his word processor.

I have interacted with John Buckle. His goal is to get more dispensational material available for our use. AND he has access to it. Thanks, John, for making it available. I appreciate the dispensational point of view, one that John Buckle and I share.
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 34 user(s)