Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 How to convert E-sword modules to Theword? - theWord Modules

How to convert E-sword modules to Theword?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Strd

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:14 PM

Regards.
Could someone help me with a guide to convert E-sword modules to Theword, I have used twimport but it is only compatible with esword modules .BBLX .CMTX .DCTX and the ones I have are for mac .BBLI .CMTI .DCTI
thank you very much for your help.

saludos.
alguien podría ayudarme con una guia para convertir módulos de E-sword a Theword, he utilizado twimport pero solo es compatible con los módulos de e-sword .BBLX .CMTX .DCTX y los que tengo son para Mac .BBLI .CMTI .DCTI
muchas gracias por su ayuda.

#2 Windyday

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:16 PM

I second this, with needing help for the CMTI format!

#3 Windyday

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 07:05 PM

For anyone interested in the process, I found out how to format a CMTI file.
(I'm not sure how well this will work with Bible modules or Book modules though.)
You need to convert the CMTI to CMTX and from there you can try theWord's "twimport" or "Simple Bible Reader 3.0".
However, you have to use e-Sword's "Tooltip Tool NT" to convert the CMTI to CMTX first.

Instructions
1) In "Tooltip" go to menu items:
"ModulesHD" > click "Target = PC"

2) Then again:
"ModulesHD" > click "Read CMTI Module"
This opens the CMTI file.

3) Wait while it reads it... then wait some more. (Hopefully it won't crash.)

4) Now you have to set up the file so it is recognized properly:
"Modules" > "Module Define Variables" > click "CMTX - Commentary File"
After a moment or two, the Description and Information or whatever is generated inside the file.
This is not all that important as you will be changing that from within theWord as a finished module.
(Yes it's sloppy to leave things as they are, yet if you came this far, you'll figure out how to neaten things up on your own.)

5) Now we are ready to export the file as "CMTX":
"Modules" > "Commentary" > click "Save Commentary File"
Save it to whatever name you wish to use.

6) Wait a short while and you should now have a fully usable CMTX file.
There shouldn't be any loss of quality in the file as you went from one e-Sword format to another.

7) Now here is where the potential quality loss could occur, when going from one closed source format to another (e-Sword to theWord).
Open "twimport" or in case that doesn't work, there is the brute force method of "Simple Bible Reader 3.0" (which seems to destroy italics), to then export that CMTX as a "CMT.TWM" module.

8) Install as usual with theWord, and edit the module through the "User module (can be edited)" option under the "Module properties...".

Software used
- e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT 2020.04.11
http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

- twimport
https://www.theword....p?article.tools

- Simple Bible Reader 3.0
https://trumpet-call...e-bible-reader/

In my experience when importing into theWord: one commentary worked fine using "twimport", and another was broken and I had to use "Simple Bible Reader" to export the CMTX file into the CMT.TWM format; which exported a new and working module for theWord, yet ruined the text formatting (italics were no more).
Hopefully this makes sense to anyone who may have had issues with this... either way, I'm sure the instructions are one this site anyway.

Edited by Windyday, 23 April 2021 - 07:06 PM.

#4 karadenial23

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:15 AM

Assignment Help Experts Canada preparation and submitting assignments and essays before the deadline is a tough nut to crack. It takes extreme dedication. What if, you do not have this much availability? GOTOASSIGNMENTHELP service provider. It can take away all the pain you are in. You can What if, you have planned things that are clashing with your courses? What if, you are regularly getting less grades your courses? If this sounds you fit, then you should probably take Programming Help Online from get plagiarism free assignment and Essay Helper and that too with high quality. This can probably bring A+ grade and you can roam proudly with best grades under your arm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 50 user(s)