Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Is this forum actually still alive? - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Is this forum actually still alive?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Timotheus

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 10:17 AM

Good day everyone,
It seems to me that nothing is happening here at all. Anyone can post any advertising here, which has nothing to do with the program TheWord nor with modules.
I seriously ask myself: is this forum still alive? If not, then it would be a real pity!

God's blessings to all!

#2 Aaron

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 11:24 AM

I have been pretty much ignoring the forum because it is just not worth wading through all the spam. I just happened to glance at the "Forums Activity" on the right and saw what looked like a legitimate post.

It seems this site has been pretty much abandoned by the owner. I don't know if he doesn't have enough time, thanks, prayers, or compensation to maintain it, or other personal issues he's dealing with.

But yes, I think the weeds have pretty much choked it out.

#3 Timotheus

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 01:44 PM

Hello Aaron.
Yes, you have "unfortunately" said it all. Very sad for the forum. This COULD run as well as biblesupport, but apparently there is not much need or necessity here. But it seems not only here, but also on the official forum site. Hardly any activities and discussions etc.

God's blessing

#4 Katoog

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:41 AM

I try to log in every day but there are not much questions about theWord problems for now.
BTW: The owner is the same as in biblesupport.com
This website was made in the first place for uploading theWord modules.

#5 Timotheus

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:53 AM

Hi Katoog,
yes, I have also seen that the admin is the same as in Biblesupport. I was just surprised that such a good program like TheWord has so little activity. I can only talk about myself and the German-speaking area regarding Bible modules, commentaries, dictionaries etc..

It seems to me that the desire or idea is missing to complete something for such a great program. I mean tools or converters we have enough.

Greetings and God's blessing
Timothy

Edited by Timotheus, 21 June 2022 - 08:53 AM.

#6 DoctorDaveT

theWord Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 11:19 AM

e-Sword has no "official forum" for users. You can (attempt) to interact directly with Rick via email at his site, or you can go to the unofficial user forums. The only unofficial user forum that has survived (that I know of) is biblesupport.com. (I am aware of 4 older sites that went the way of the Dodo. There are probably others I am unaware of.) Therefore Biblesupport.com is an active place because it is the only gig in town.

TheWord has an official forum. That official TW site is forum.theword.net/. You may interact with Costas Sergiou, or more likely, his right hand men JG and jonathangkoehn. There you will get official feedback and answers to your questions in relatively short order. I've never had a problem go unaddressed; and almost always solved within 24 hours.

The result of these two truths is that Josh wanted to make a separate place for TW modules, but didn't feel the need to manage this site. So for those with user questions, go to the official forum. If you want to create third party modules, you can post them here (or build your own site...).

So this site is not dead; its purpose is just different from biblesupport.
Dave

for more modules formatted for theWord visit www.DoctorDaveT.com/
I also have blogs, helps, tips, and a whole lot more.

#7 DoctorDaveT

theWord Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 11:20 AM

AND notice that three different people responded to the original post. Not dead at all.
Dave

#8 RevSteve

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:27 PM

DoctorDave, I nominate you to be a moderator, to clean up this forum...I don't know if it is feasible but I think you would be ideal.

#9 DoctorDaveT

theWord Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:46 AM

Awww, shucks. {Blushing} Thanks Steve. But I have enough to do without messing up Josh's website, too....
Dave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 8 user(s)