Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 ICCNT Update - theWord Modules

* * * * * 3 votes

ICCNT Update

51 replies to this topic

#1 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'll start a new thread, and use it to post updates to the ongoing project to reformat the ICCNT module to verse by verse format.

July 10, 2012: Uploaded the volume for Mark (by Gould)

I've now completed: Matthew (Allen), Mark (Gould), Romans (Sanday-Headlam), and Pastorals (Lock).

Next: Luke (Plummer)

-Basil

#2 kimdparker

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thank you Basil for your continuing work! I'm excited to have this resource.

#3 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postblcjr, on 10 July 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'll start a new thread, and use it to post updates to the ongoing project to reformat the ICCNT module to verse by verse format.

July 10, 2012: Uploaded the volume for Mark (by Gould)

I've now completed: Matthew (Allen), Mark (Gould), Romans (Sanday-Headlam), and Pastorals (Lock).

Next: Luke (Plummer)

-Basil
Thanks. I should have mentioned, in the notes for the upload, at how "conservative" the volume on Mark turned out to be. Whenever I see "critical" I wonder if that means "skeptical." Not the case at all with this volume on Mark. Gould views the gospels as "historical" (i.e. the "Christ of Faith" is the "Jesus of History" revealed accurately in the gospels). He does think there are "errors" and "inconsistencies" in the gospels, but he accepts traditional notions of authorship, and is not skeptical on the miracles. In fact, in the introduction, he has a good review of the literature (of his day) on whether a "critical" scholar can accept the stories of the miracles, and generally comes down disavowing attempts to rationalize them. Throughout, he refers to Jesus as "our Lord" in the way a believer would. But most of all, it is a good commentary on the Greek, and I learned a lot from it.

#4 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

August 3, 2012:

I just uploaded Luke (Plummer). This has been the most tedious conversion so far. There were several thousand (guessing) scripture links that had to be dealt with through extensive editing in order to link them properly. Plus, Plummer made far more use of internal cross references than any of the other volumes I've done so far. But it was a blessing all the same, as I gained a great deal of respect for this commentary.

One thing I noted was numerous references to other ICC volumes, primarily Romans (Sanday-Headlam) and Mark (Gould). When the individual volumes are rejoined into a single module, I'll go through and link to those cross references. There were also numerous references to other resources that it would be useful to hyperlink (other commentaries, like Lightfoot, Bengel, Hastings Dictionary, Edersheim, Deismann's Bible Studies, and so on). But one thing at a time.

Basil

#5 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi, Basil,

Any updates as to how your work is progressing?
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

#6 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm working on the volume for Ephesians/Colossians. I took a 3 week vacation in August, and came back with some other work stacked up. It will probably be a week or so before I get back to it.

Basil

#7 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Eph/Col will be finished soon (this week, or next). I'm back to the level of productivity I had before going on vacation.

Any preferences on which volume should be next? If not, I'm doing Burton's Galatians. Despite the fact that Gal only has 6 chapters, this is one of the larger volumes in the ICCNT set, at 644 pages (PDF count). That is longer than Sanday & Headlam on Romans. Only Plummer's Luke is longer. (I'm not counting Charles, on Revelation, because it is not included. But if anyone ever comes across a good HTML/Word source for the ICCNT volume on Revelation, I'd love to know about it.)

Basil

#8 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hi Basil.

How about this link? http://www.dabar.org...on/contents.htm
It may help I think.

Blessings,
Manuel.

#9 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Manuel,

Unfortunately, the Greek is not handled with a proper font. Check out:

http://www.dabar.org...tro-VIII.htm#s2

for example.

Basil

#10 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Well, I'm not proficient in greek at all! but i took the first sentence 11 dei/xai toi/j dou,loij auvtou/ a] dei/ gene,sqai evn ta,cei)
and pasted to MS Word changing fonts with different results (see the file attached).

Hope this helps,
Manuel.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 158 user(s)