Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 ICCNT Update - theWord Modules - Page 2

* * * * * 3 votes

ICCNT Update

51 replies to this topic

#11 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Manuel,

Those are "specialized" fonts, and not the standard TT type of fonts that TW uses, like Gentium (or, even, New Times Roman, Ariel, or whatever).

If there were a way to "convert" between those specialized fonts, and standard TT fonts like we use in TW, then that would be great. But I know of no way to do that.

Basil

#12 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Those are called Legacy fonts. You need the characters converted to unicode. I use Galaxie's Microsoft Word macros for this task: http://www.biblesupp...h-biblesupport/

Scroll down to the Galaxie portion of my blog post.

#13 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Thanks to both for the replies, I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessings,
Manuel.

#14 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

View Postmdiazu, on 02 October 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

Thanks to both for the replies, I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessings,
Manuel.
Well, the light shone for a bit, but has now grown dim again. Josh's pointing me to the Galaxie font converter was brilliant, and for a while, I thought that would do it. But now, it appears that the web site you linked to only has some of the introductory material, but none of the actual chapter and verse by verse commentary. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page:

http://www.dabar.org...on/contents.htm

you'll see there is no link to the commentary proper (pp. 1-373). Links are only to the introductory material. So it looks like the job of getting the commentary into web format was never finished.

Basil

#15 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Basil.
I just sent an email to the owner of the site asking if he have the rest of the scanned material, I'll let you know.

Manuel.

#16 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

Dear all.
The owner of the site told me that unfortunately he doesn't have the rest of the work in html, so, there's nothing else to say. :(

Godbless,
manuel.

#17 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well, thanks for trying.

Basil

#18 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

The volume on Ephesians and Colossians is done (and uploaded). Galatians is next. As noted in a previous post, this will be a major undertaking; it is the second largest of all the ICCNT volumes. But it will be worth the effort. Burton is still highly regarded.

Basil

#19 kimdparker

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Basil,

Thanks again. May God bless you with His great presence.

#20 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

The volume on Galatians has been uploaded. With this submission, I've completed:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
Romans
Galatians
Ephesians-Colossians
Pastorals

Remaining:

John
1&2 Corinthians (separate volumes)
Phillipians-Philemon
1&2 Thessalonians
Hebrews
James
1&2 Peter-Jude
1,2&3 John

Basil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 158 user(s)