Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 ICCNT Update - theWord Modules - Page 3

* * * * * 3 votes

ICCNT Update

51 replies to this topic

#21 DoctorDaveT

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Basil,

I know you're doing this as a ministry to the Lord, but I wanted to say a large "thank you" for what you're doing. This work is absolutely beautiful, and a shining example for all of us as to how third party modules should be built. Well done, well done!
Dave
for more modules visit www.DoctorDaveT.com
I also have MySword Modules

#22 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. The work, while at time tedious, is a blessing itself in disguise. Working at the level of detail that I am, I learn a lot in the process. One thing, in particular, has impressed me so far with this series, and that is how "conservative" it is for being "critical." I think most of the authors were British, and for the time (early 20th century) British biblical scholarship was a bastion against the excesses of critical German scholarship.

A simple word of thanks like this means a lot. So thank you!

Basil

#23 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I've uploaded the module for James. For full use, you will want the two "support" modules referred to in the upload description.

Direct links:

ICCNT Commentary Module on James

OT Apocrypha with Additions

NTSources.ICCNT

And if you do not already have it, this James module hyperlinks to citations to Trench's NT Synonyms. I believe the one I used is this one. The one I used has, in the module properties, the module identifier "d1020". This id is used in the hyperlinks, so if you have a version of Trench's NT Synonyms, and the links do not work, check the identifier in the module properties to see what module you have.

Basil

#24 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

I've uploaded the module for John, by J. H. Bernard. Is is an entirely new module, the volume for John not having been included in the previous multivolume chapter by chapter module. This commentary was substantial, originally released in two volumes, comprising 188 pages of introduction and 721 pages of commentary. While critical, especially on textual issues, Bernard viewed the gospel as based on reliable eyewitness testimony of the Apostle John (though written by another John, "the Presbyter").

This module perhaps epitomizes what I hope to accomplish with all of the volumes in this series. Starting with the previous module, on James, I've begun linking to external sources, and have continue and extended that with this volume. Such links now include references to works of Josephus and Hastings Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels. There are over 350 links to external sources in this module.

New with this volume are frequent images of pages from cited works, with approximately 360 pages of cited material reproduced in the frequent footnotes.

Bernard employs frequent internal cross references of the "see on..." or "where see note" variety, far more so than any author yet of the modules in this series. Of these basic internal cross references, I estimate there are over 2200. There are an additional 420+ links for cross references to the introductory material (as in "See Introd. p. clix"). There are nearly 900 footnotes.

As with the volume on James, you will want to download the two support volumes, linked below. Morever, these are updated, so even if you downloaded the previous versions, you'll want the updated versions linked below.

ICCNT Commentary Module on Gospel of John

OT Apocrypha with Additions

NTSources.ICCNT

Basil

#25 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I've now "completed" (some of the earlier versions will get reworked, eventually -- Lord willing! -- hence the quotation marks):

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, 1&2 TImothy and Titus ("The Pastorals")
James

With Acts not available, that leaves 12 books of the NT remaining

1&2 Corinthians
1&2 Thessalonians
Hebrews
1&2 Peter and Jude
1,2&3 John
Revelation

I'm taking a break until after the New Year before starting on the next volume (probably 1,2&3 John).

Meanwhile, I am curious whether there is any interest in a partially completed multivolume module of the volumes done so far. For myself, I plan to replace the individual volumes in my ..\Books directory with a single module combining the presently completed volumes. It might be confusing to start uploading partially completed versions of the final multivolume set (though if I did, I'd probably designate the first such module as v. 0.4 and increment in tenths until completed). Or, if there is only modest interest in having such a partially completed version, rather than upload here, I would consider some other way of more direct file sharing. It all depends on the degree of feedback or interest I get to this posting.

Enjoy the season. (I do not celebrate Christmas, per se, as the birth date of Christ, as I do not believe He was born on December 25th, and that there is no scriptural basis for this as a religious holiday. FWIW, I think it more likely that he was born around the time of the Feast of Tabernacles. But I do push back against the attempt to remove "Christmas" from the public square, and thank God however Christ is honored or glorified.)

Basil

#26 mdiazu

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi dear basil, Why Acts is not available?

Blessings,
Manuel.

#27 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Basil, 1. I would like to see partial multi-volume sets. I think it would make a cleaner and more usable installation. I really appreciate what you are doing with these! 2. I am a little confused on Trenches work. When I download and install the one you indicate the identifier (unless I am looking in the wrong place!) shows as SYNONYMS NT.dct in system properties identifier. Am I looking in the wrong place?

#28 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postmdiazu, on 12 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hi dear basil, Why Acts is not available?

Blessings,
Manuel.
The copyright for Acts has apparently been renewed, so it is not in the public domain.

Basil

#29 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Postblcjr, on 12 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

The copyright for Acts has apparently been renewed, so it is not in the public domain.

Basil

View Postdarrel_jw, on 12 December 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Hi Basil, 1. I would like to see partial multi-volume sets. I think it would make a cleaner and more usable installation. I really appreciate what you are doing with these! 2. I am a little confused on Trenches work. When I download and install the one you indicate the identifier (unless I am looking in the wrong place!) shows as SYNONYMS NT.dct in system properties identifier. Am I looking in the wrong place?
The "module properties" dialog for the one I used looks like this:
Posted Image

This dialog is accessed at the bottom of the "Module sets" pull down menu. What is the "filename" of the one you downloaded?

Basil

P.S. I'll respond about the multivolume module later.

#30 darrel_jw

Liking theWord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi Basil, Now that was interesting! I actually had two versions of Trench - one with the correct ID and one not. So I have deleted the incorrect one and now am ok. Thanks for your response! Darrel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 158 user(s)