Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Scripture Indexing Tool for Books - theWord Modules

Scripture Indexing Tool for Books

2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Pellerin

• Moderators
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hello,

I have been meaning to try this for a while, but I finally got around to using Pastor Baldwin's scripture indexing tool on a set of files. You can read the thread about his scripture indexing tool here:
http://forum.theword...ing+tool#p11796

After using it once, this is going to be one of my favorite tools.

For a first trial, I followed his instructions by unlocking some big book modules like anthology of sermons, handfuls on prupose, ect..., converting them to rtf, and putting them all in one directory.

I then downloaded his program and put the .exe file in the same directory and ran it by just double clicking. You can see the results in the two screen shots below. It created a commentary file with links to all the topics in the files I had in the folder when they referenced that scripture.

As you can see int the first screen shot, this one commentary file has links to over 85,000 verse references and I only included 10 files or so. This file will already be useful for me.

See the second screen shot to see what the commentary looks like when you click on a verse reference.

I now have anthology of sermons, Morgan's Westminster Pulpit, Bullinger Figures of Speach, Handfuls on Purpose, Living Water Sermon's, O'Hair Sermons, Youce Q&A, and more in one commentary file. The possibilities are endless!

I am now going to work on creating a massive Bible prophecy commentary index :).

Attached File  Clipboard01.png   351.95K   147 downloads

Attached Files

#2 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Interesting. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for posting about it.

Basil

#3 Peter Pellerin

• Moderators
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Postblcjr, on 24 July 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Interesting. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for posting about it.

Basil

A couple of things I have learned...

You have to overwrite the files in your theWord/books folder with the files that were in the folder you used to run the program. The program inserts bookmarks in the files next to each verse reference.

If your file was previously imported from e sword, you have to run the "detect all verse references" routine and "convert to rtf" routine's twice for the files to work. If you only do it once, you miss many verse references. In addition, files have to be decompressed and unlocked.

You can recompress and lock the files again once the bookmarks are inserted.

As you can see it is a labor intensive process, but if you have a group of files you want indexed to verse references as a commentary, this is an excellent tool. I have built 3 commentaries so far.

Peter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 134 user(s)