File Submitter: Bradley S. Cobb
File Submitted: 08 Sep 2012
File Category: Books
Author: D.M. Canright
theWord Version: 3.2.x
Seventh Day Adventism Renounced
This book is written by D.M. Canright, who was once one of the highest-ranking members of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. He was a very close associate of Ellen G. White and her husband for over 20 years, even marrying a girl that they had raised. He was well-known throughout their group as one who could be trusted to defend their faith in writing and in debate. However, after 28 years in the Adventist group, Mr. Canright left.
In this book, he lays out his reasons, both personal (dealing mostly with the lies of Mr. and Mrs. White) and doctrinal. He spends a large section of the book disproving the Sabbath arguments which are advocated by the SDA Church. He also attacks their view of Revelation (that the United States is the Beast from the sea), showing that their doctrine is false there as well.
There is perhaps no one who knew more about the Seventh-Day Adventists (and was willing to tell it) than Mr. Canright. If you do not know much about this group and the things they teach/taught (he also points out some of the "prophecies" of Ellen G. White which have been erased from their books), then this book is for you. Because it also points out the massive flaws in their doctrines, it will also be of help to anyone who is studying with a member of the SDA Church.
- Introduction (by president of Kalamazoo College)
- Preface to 14th Edition
- Doctrines and Methods of Seventh-Day Adventists
- An Experience of 28 Years in Adventism
- Adventism: a Yoke of Bondage
- Origin, History, and Failures of Adventism
- My Objections to the Seventh-Day Adventist System
- The Two-Horned Beast and the Messages
- The Sanctuary
- Mrs. White and her Revelations
- The Nature of the Sabbath Commandment
- Why Christians Keep Sunday
- Did the Pope change the Sabbath?
- Sabbatarian Positions on the History of Sunday Refuted
- The Sabbath in the Old Testament
- The Sabbath in the New Testament
- The Jewish Sabbath Abolished (Colossians 2)
- A History of Numerous Efforts to Revive the Jewish Sabbath
- The Law
- The Decalogue Examined
- The Two Covenants
- What Law are Christians Under
- Forty-Seven Prominent Texts Used by Sabbatarians Examined
- The Nature of Man
The text of this book is online in many places, and I thank the one who originally copied the text and proofread it. The only change in theWord version is that it has been tooltipped.
Click here to download this file