Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Resources for Septuagint/Apocrypha/Pseudoepigrapha - theWord Modules

- - - - -

Resources for Septuagint/Apocrypha/Pseudoepigrapha

3 replies to this topic

#1 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

As I work on reformatting the NT volumes of ICC, I'd like to hyperlink to suitable modules for the numerous references to Apocrypha and Pseudoepigrapha. I'm aware of the discussion about support in Bible modules for the Apocrypha, and this has nothing really to do with that. I do have one nice twm module with much of the Apocrypha, but it doesn't seem to be complete. So I was looking for an English version of the Septuagint, which might have the complete Apocrypha. (The module I have, for example, has 1 & 2 Maccabees, but not 3 & 4. And it doesn't have Ps. of Sol. There may be other omissions.) Then there are the oft cited Pseudoepigrapha, such as Enoch or the Test. of the Twelve Patriarchs. I have a module for Enoch, but not the latter. Anyone know of any?

Where I cannot find suitable modules that already exist, I would consider a custom support module with the material in it I need to cite, but I'd need good sources, either in Word format, or HTML. If anyone knows of good sources of these types for the Apocrypha and Pseudoepigrapha, I'd appreciate the pointers.

I will cross post this to Josh Bond's web site, since he may well know of some resources here to point me to. Any ready who frequents both sites, feel free to post here or there, but not to duplicate. I'll check back both places for replies.

#2 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm looking for an English translation of Theodotion's translation of Daniel, either by itself, or as part of an English translation of the LXX. Any pointers would be appreciated.

In re my previous post, I've made headway with a module I'm calling "OT Apocrypha with Additions." I started with a module of the Apocrypha which, while good, was incomplete. I've added source for 3&4 Maccabees, and missing chapters from Sirach (Ecclesiasticus). At the same time, I've begun adding some of the Pseudepigrapha (misspelled in my subject title): Enoch, Ps. of Sol., and Test. of the XII Patriarchs. Within reason, my plan is simply to add to this single module such OT resources as are frequently cited in the ICCNT volumes.

Which brings me to Theodotion's Daniel. I read somewhere that it frequently replaces the original Daniel in versions of the LXX, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Brenton's translation. And I haven't found a stand alone copy of it, either. My google-fu is weak this am. I'll keep looking, but if anyone happens to know of a cite for a good English translation of Theodotion's Daniel ("good" means HTML or .txt or .doc/x, not PDF), let me know.

Basil

#3 blcjr

theWord Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

I found a source for Dan/Theod. here:

http://en.katabiblon...ex.php?text=LXX

It wasn't exactly what I was looking for (the entire text in a single file), but I can make do with this one, and the site will be useful for other LXX citations.

#4 Ydempress

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:43 PM

you're awesome. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 61 user(s)