Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/wordmodules/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 975 Dictionaries - Strong, James - Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionary of the Bible - theWord Modules

Dictionaries - Strong, James - Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionary of the Bible

1 reply to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

File Name: Strong, James - Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionary of the Bible
File Submitter: Josh Bond
File Submitted: 09 Jan 2013
File Category: Dictionaries
Author: James Strong
theWord Version: 3.x - 4.x

This is the standard, Strong's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek words.

Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionary is one of the most popular word dictionaries, consisting of 8674 Hebrew words and 5624 Greek Words, all indexed by Strong's numbers. Strong assigned a number to each unique Hebrew and Greek word, creating what we now refer to as "Strong's Numbers".

Strong's dictionary of Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Aramaic, and Biblical Greek is a classic reference work for biblical studies and is accessible to the layperson. Each original language word is numbered, presented in Hebrew or Greek and in transliteration and is accompanied by a pronunciation guide. Each word is defined, and the translation(s) of that word in the King James version (Authorized Version) are presented. Strong's work was originally published in 1890 under the title A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Hebrew Bible and A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Bible.

Click here to download this file

#2 John45

New to the website

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hi Josh,

Thank you for making the Strong's module. It is a welcom alternative to the Mickleson's update that comes with theWord. Today I did some copying of definitions from Strong's and noticed something. The words I was copying were H8058 and H8059. What i noticed was the Engish spelling (transliteration?) of these words. In both cases whenever there was a "t" there was a left accented "o" following it. I did some checking in other bible programs and saw that these accented "o"s were not there. Is this something that needs to be fixed?

Thanks

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 60 user(s)