Author's website: http://www.holybibleanswer.com/
I would consider this a "beta" version:
- I've noticed the app will not read compressed modules.
- There is no theWord Book reader--just Dictionaries, Commentaries, and Bibles.
- The default Bible is KJV with Strongs. Another default should be just the KJV. Why? Tooltip popups show the KJV with Strong text and there's no way to show just the KJV text in a tooltip unless you have the KJV installed (without Strongs). Small issue, easily fixed by downloading the KJV without strongs.
- No way to change the font rendering--it uses a Times New Roman style font. I would personally prefer a less ornate font, like Tahoma or similar.
- The Bible search works great, but no way to search other module formats.
- I like clean designs on the iPad. I'm not a fan of colored toolbars. That can't be changed. Also, when you install it, you have to "de-clutter" the look of the app slightly. Click the settings icon and remove the KJV Strongs designations and the new verse [Aa] designations (the latter really gets in the way).
- It reads theWord's native modules. No format shifting or other nonsense which makes my job a LOT easier.
- Another great thing: it supports two windows simultaneously. You can also define each window to show the content you prefer.
- Read the Bible with each verse on a new line (e-Sword style) or by paragraph! Very nice! There's a time and a place for each but I love the paragraph style.
- Show verse numbers in Bible paragraph or line by line mode--or not at all.
- It's free!
- Cross References from the Bible view.
IMG_02981.PNG 896.46K 786 downloads IMG_03001.PNG 964.69K 747 downloads IMG_03011.PNG 997.03K 573 downloads IMG_03021.PNG 1.05MB 551 downloads IMG_03031.PNG 1.28MB 539 downloads IMG_03041.PNG 573.59K 500 downloads IMG_03051.PNG 580.54K 473 downloads IMG_03061.PNG 554.32K 468 downloads
This post has been promoted to an article