- New Content
- What's New
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 07 2012 12:17 AM
- Last Updated: Jul 07 2012 12:46 AM
- File Size: 10.17MB
- Views: 7890
- Downloads: 2,350
- Author: William Robertson Nicoll
- theWord Version: 3.x - 4.x
- Tab Name: Exp-GNT
If our theWord modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays the actual, out-of-pocket expenses of running this ministry.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
theWord Module Download:
Nicoll, William - The Expositor's Greek Testament (5 vols)
New Testament Greek Exegesis Word Study Context
William Robertson Nicoll
3.x - 4.x
theWord Edition of The Expositor's Greek Testament
This is not the poorly formatted version. This commentary has been properly formatted for theWord.
- Comments are properly divided verse by verse instead of the previous version's bulky, chapter-by-chapter division.
- Greek and Hebrew are properly tagged and rendered.
- Implicit references converted to explicit - ToolTipped (clickable verse references)
- 25 megabytes of commentary (when uncompressed) on nearly every Greek word in the New Testament!
William Nicoll edited The Expositor's Greek Testament. You may remember Nicoll from the Expositor's Bible (commentary), the Expositor's Dictionary of Texts (commentary), and The Sermon Bible (commentary). Nicoll clearly liked "Expositor" in his titles!
This classic, time-tested reference is written in English on the Greek text of the New Testament.
This commentary includes substantial introductions to each New Testament book. Nearly every (Greek) word in the New Testament contains grammatical, critical, exegetical, literary, and/or contextual analysis. The commentary is carefully cited with an extensive bibliography. The scholar, pastor, and serious Bible student can benefit from the Greek analysis.
The volumes and authors are:
- Volume 1 - Matthew, Mark, Luke (A.B. Bruce) and John (Marcus Dods)
- Volume 2 - Acts (R.J. Knowling), Romans (G.G. Findlay), and 1 Corinthians (J.H. Bernard)
- Volume 3 - 2 Corinthians (Frederic Rendall), Galatians (Frederic Rendall), Ephesians (S.D.F. Salmond), Philippians (H.A.A. Kennedy), and Colossians (A.S. Peake).
- Volume 4 - 1-2 Thessalonians (James Moffatt), 1-2Timothy (J.D. White), Titus (J.D. White), Philemon (W.E. Oesterley), Hebrews (Marcus Dods), and James (W.E. Oesterley)
- Volume 5 - 1 Peter (J.H.A. Hart), 2 Peter (R.H Strachan), 1-2-3 John (David Smith), Jude (J.B. Mayor), and Revelation (James Moffatt).
- John MacArthur's Masters Seminary, who lists this resource with a must-have asterisk in: 850 Books for Biblical Expositors.
- Dr. Kenneth Wuest in "Word Studies in the Greek New Testament" books.
- John MacArthur's commentaries
- NIV Application Commentary
- College Press NIV Commentary
- The New International Greek Testament Commentary
- The NET Bible
- The New Bible Dictionary
- Who's Who in Christian History
- Word Biblical Commentary